cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How do I plot two fitted surfaces in one frame?

FanCG
1-Newbie

How do I plot two fitted surfaces in one frame?

Hello everyone. I got some data (x=εs y=Uslip z=dcl or φ), and plotted them in a 3D scatter plot, see below

001.PNG

and x-z, y-z, x-y plots are also given as

002.PNG

according to dcl-uslip , it seems that the data can be classified into 2 groups, so I wanna fit 2 surfaces in one plot, but I dont know how to do this.

can anybody give me some help?

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:FanCG)

Your data is defined as x, y, and z vectors, so you only need a vector of residuals, not a matrix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Something like the attached? There are ways to automatically separate data into groups (look up "cluster analysis") but this case was so easy I just defined a line by eye.

FanCG
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

Thank you very much! Richard

your suggestion works finely to my other data sets

and after splitting the data I did some regressions to the raw data sets using the procedure recommonded by mathcad (see following), and extracted the coefficients

001.PNG

002.PNG

and when I tried fitting the data by a user-defined objective function with minerr function , dimension matchness problems and strange results were always encountered

does anybody know how do I avoid the problem? or is it correct that I use minerr function in such a case?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Your data is defined as x, y, and z vectors, so you only need a vector of residuals, not a matrix.

FanCG
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

Oh!!

Many Thanks

YOU ARE RIGHT! I defined data as vectors, but used a matrix to calculate the residuals. It is too late last midnight, I m too sleepy to find this.

Thank you again for your answer!

Top Tags