cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to Loop to define locations along the length of the beam

ptc-4260912
1-Newbie

How to Loop to define locations along the length of the beam

Hello,

i need help with the follwing:

if i have a beam with length " L", I would like to check the beam for shear and moment at certain locations that i will define as follows:

e , b, S are variables defined by the designer

the first location will be at a distance 1.5*e+ b

the second location will be at distance = first hole location + S

the third location will be at distance = second hole location +S

and so on!!!! we keep doing the above until the location goes past the beam midlength L/2. if the location is > L/2, then we dont use this location.

Then we need to run the above procedure and determine the locations from the right end, in other words the locations will be symmetrical about the beam midlength.

i would like to see the locations in a table or array so i can use my moment and shear equations to calculate the shear and moment at the locations specified in the table or array. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4260912)

Could you upload a worksheet with your progress so far, or at least one with the data inputted.

Mike

Quick and dirty!

Thanks alot Fred!!

in the same code you did earlier, you make a good point, how do you make the code include a hole location at beam midlength?

Thanks alot Fred!!

in the same code you did earlier, you make a good point, how do you make the code include a hole location at beam midlength?

look closely!

Top Tags