cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to buy Mathcad 15 full version ?

vveeran
4-Participant

How to buy Mathcad 15 full version ?

Hello all,

I am planning to buy Mathcad 15 full version through my university.

Could you please suggest me some links to buy

mathcad 15 to use it in the university?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:vveeran)

You need to buy Mathcad Prime then you get a Mathcad 15 for free. The license file you get will work for both versions - Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime 3.1.

PTC Webstore for Mathcad: Mathcad | PTC Webstore

PTC Webstore for Mathcad Student Edition version: Creo and Mathcad Student Editions | PTC Webstore

Or you can find PTC's software reseller in your region here: Find a Software Reseller - PTC

vveeran
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Dear Vladimir,

I found some link in the internet,

Is this link is good to buy mathcad 15.

http://dgejxukoudujfldi.premiumsoftstore.com/product/mathworks-ptc-mathcad-15/

Could you please check and tell.

Thanks.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It says the vendor is Mathworks. Wrong! Mathworks sells Matlab, not Mathcad.

They are offering it at only $199.95.

The URL starts with "dgejxukoudujfldi"

If you Google the URL it doesn't show up as a search result.

Four red flags! I do not know what they are up to, but this store is not what it seems. Maybe you get a ripped off copy of the software. Maybe you can actually license it, maybe not. Maybe, given the way the URL starts and the fact that it's hidden from Google, you give them a credit card number and they just laugh all the way to the bank.

Buy Mathcad Prime. Download Mathcad 15 from here: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC. Point Mathcad 15 at your Prime license.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Vetri,

I strongly recommend not to use the services of this site for shopping (read all Richard correct comments on this point). I gave you all the verified information to make a purchase. What confuses you?

Hello,

A couple of questions.  

I read Vladimir's reply regarding MATHCAD 15.  I tried and MATHCAD 15 would not open.  Do you have to install both versions (Mathcad Prime 5 & Mathcad 15 ) in the same directory?  

I purchased Prime 4, and just Prime 5 for the purpose of being able to incorporate legacy work or subroutines.  Do you have a utility software that one can purchase to be able to open older Mathcad ?

Thanks,

Antonio

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Ajroig)

@Ajroig wrote:

Hello,

A couple of questions.  

I read Vladimir's reply regarding MATHCAD 15.  I tried and MATHCAD 15 would not open.  Do you have to install both versions (Mathcad Prime 5 & Mathcad 15 ) in the same directory?  

I purchased Prime 4, and just Prime 5 for the purpose of being able to incorporate legacy work or subroutines.  Do you have a utility software that one can purchase to be able to open older Mathcad ?

Thanks,

Antonio

No, you don't have to install Prime and Mathcad in the same directory.

Its not clear what you mean by "would not open". Any error message?

As you purchased Prime you are also entitled to install and use Mathcad and to convert files from older Mathcad versions to the Prime format you must install Prime and the current version of Mathcad 15.

When you installed Prime then part of the installation process is the generation of a license file (usually called "license.dat")

When you download and install Mathcad 15 you are asked about the license and you should point the installation program to the license file you got when you installed Prime.

You can download Mathcad 15 somewhere here:

https://www.ptc.com/en/products/mathcad/free-trial/thank-you
https://www.ptc.com/en/products/mathcad/free-trial
http://download.ptc.com/products/mathcad/trial/mc15/Mathcad15_EN.zip
https://www.ptc.com/-/media/Files/Docs/Mathcad/Mathcad15-EN.zip

Hello

I bought MathCad Prome 3.1 but I do not have access to MathCad 15

@TP_9677128 wrote:

Hello

I bought MathCad Prome 3.1 but I do not have access to MathCad 15

What do you mean with "no access"? Aren't you able tu download the installation file from one of the links I provided or do you have problems installing the software?
When installing you have must chose "I already have a license" and then point the installer to the license file which was created when you installed Prime.

That means that you have to install Prime first to be able to use real Mathcad 15.

vveeran
4-Participant

Dear all,

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Hi.

For students, you can try to buy a licence for a year for EU 56: PTC Webstore .

Sometimes they reject students, don't know why.

"For students" mean basically two things: you're not use it as teacher, and can't use it for "professional" uses, like to present some work as consultant engineer or use it in an enterprise environment. If do that, you violates the therms of the licence agreement.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

Top Tags