cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to construct in Mathcad this kind of pulse signal with these characteristics?

Cornel
18-Opal

How to construct in Mathcad this kind of pulse signal with these characteristics?

Hi,

How could be made this kind of pulse signal in Mathcad?

Cornel_3-1718381056530.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Cornel)

Dug up an old file, see attached.

You could try out what remains of it when you translate to Prime.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

And I want to be able to select how many pulses to be displayed if possible:

Cornel_0-1718382781980.png

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Here you are, but please don't ask for the Fourier transform of those signals! 😉

Werner_E_1-1718384346229.png

Prime 10 sheet attached

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

image.png

RL circuit. R=1 kohm, L=3 H.

image.pngimage.png

How about f.periodic ? 😈

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

It returns infinity index error. Assume using 8 ms data of f.periodic, we can get digital data and convolution can solve it.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

@LucMeekes wrote:

We've been through similar stuff before, see https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Creation-of-Triangle-Waveform-and-Circuit-Analysis-with-Laplace/m-p/713269

And especially this one, you started yourself: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Square-Sine-and-PiceWise-Linear-Waves-Functions/m-p/718121#M194834

Success!
Luc

That was exactly the reason why I requested Cornel NOT to ask for the Laplace transform in a follow up question (I was pretty sure he would do so) 🙂
After all he was just asking for the construction of the signal, nothing more.

I did not remember the second thread you linked to where I already had posted a (somewhat nicer) suggestion for the very same signal - annoying.

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

I found this to be a handy reference.

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

Here is some more material on creating waveforms in Mathcad.

Additional information:

Marcello @-MFra-  also kindly provided the Mathcad files for his Waveform Spectra here: Fourier Analysis and Signals' Spectra
I may be wrong but as far as I remember he never shared the Mathcad file for his Test Signals. He only posted the static pdf here: Test Signals 1.pdf

@Cornel 

Marcello also contributed to your Electrical Engineering Challenge #2

But his two very large postings consisted of hard to read pictures only and were missing the Mathcad files, so you may have overlooked or ignored them.

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

The material I have is in Mathcad 15 type files. They don't convert very well. So I bothered not to post them.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Dug up an old file, see attached.

You could try out what remains of it when you translate to Prime.

Success!
Luc

Luc, I see something in the PULSE signal: in description is said that if n=0 then should I see pulses on the entire range definition of time t (something like orange), right?
Can have a look?

Cornel_1-1718783178223.png

Cornel_0-1718783736444.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

It's a wish that didn't come true...yet.

Success!
Luc

Ah, ok, understood. But I think its ok even this thing with unlimited pules for n=0 did not come true yet. We can put n a bigger number to have full pulses on the entire range of time t, and should be fine.

@LucMeekes I see also that there are two definition for puls_(). There is a difference somewhere between the two? At first view I do not see

Cornel_0-1718785493496.png

I think I see, one of them is not good, right?
puls1_() seems to be the one which is good.

Cornel_1-1718786199132.png

Top Tags