cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to insert data files in Mathcad 15 using a script

mzarrabi
12-Amethyst

How to insert data files in Mathcad 15 using a script

Hi all,

I am trying to read several .dat files from a certain folder by specifying the path in Mathcad 15.

I wonder if there is any script function to do that instead of inserting all the files one by one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:mzarrabi)

Something like this:

LucMeekes_0-1603127060250.png

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If your files are sequential in their name - "data_1.dat", "data_2.dat", etc., you can write a program loop that will read the data from each file and place them all in a matrix. This approach worked very well for me.

Hope this helps!

Hi @ChrisKaswer. Thank you for your reply. Do you have a template to share?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Something like this:

LucMeekes_0-1603127060250.png

Success!
Luc

Yes - what Luc has shared is very similar to what I have implemented. You can get a bit more complicated by monitoring the size of any data file and reading files that have different row and column counts. Units can be read-in as well with some other tricks (of course the data needs to be set-up to accommodate this), but Luc has captured the fundamental approach well.

Good luck!

mzarrabi
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you @LucMeekes for sharing that. That is very useful. 

mzarrabi
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

Is there a way that we give the path and the file ext, and then Mathcad returns all the files having that ext? 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You mean like this:

LucMeekes_0-1603136980728.png

Sorry, only in Mathcad 11, not in Mathcad 15.

Luc

Top Tags