cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to label a family of curves?

Cornel
19-Tanzanite

How to label a family of curves?

Hi,

Cornel_0-1727171979240.png

Cornel_7-1727173976247.png

Cornel_6-1727173949218.png

Cornel_2-1727172018756.png

Cornel_3-1727173783135.png

These curves are displayed best by using logarithmic axes.

The plot result should look like below: I am interested how to put that Rg/Ri on each graph.

Cornel_4-1727173818771.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:Cornel)

maybe that way 😉

Werner_E_0-1727190709163.png

Start with a string by typing " and then delete the quotes. subscripts must be done after deleting the quotes.

You can create a lot of funny variable names that way, but some characters can't still be used. E.g. you can't create a variable name with a space in it or a variable name which starts with a number.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Werner_E
25-Diamond I

@Cornel wrote:

The plot result should look like below: I am interested how to put that Rg/Ri on each graph.

Prime does not  support any labels in its native 2D plots. You would have to create text regions and place them manually. Given the coarse grid used by Prime even if you chose the "fine" grid this sure can be demanding.

Not sure about the Chart component which supports labels because I can't use it. I guess here you could use different colors and line styles and provide the names in the legend. Of course this means that you can't use the waterfall plot to plot all curves  in one go but rather have to plot each of the curves individually to be able to give it a unique color/line style.

Cornel
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

How to define a function like this? As I do not see slash button when defining a function. Right now its a text. But if you press slash button on keyboard in a math region you will get the division line.

Cornel_0-1727187314987.png

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

maybe that way 😉

Werner_E_0-1727190709163.png

Start with a string by typing " and then delete the quotes. subscripts must be done after deleting the quotes.

You can create a lot of funny variable names that way, but some characters can't still be used. E.g. you can't create a variable name with a space in it or a variable name which starts with a number.

Cornel
19-Tanzanite

But on which buttons did you pressed to be able to put this slash in the math region?

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

See the explanation which I added in my answer above.

Cornel
19-Tanzanite

Ok, understood now.

Catalina

Hi @Cornel,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Using Luc's stroke data sets. Linear plot of stroke data is overrayed.

image.png

image.png

Announcements

Top Tags