cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to make a 3D representation of a surface if i have the coordinates of z in a matrix.

DrilonShabani
8-Gravel

How to make a 3D representation of a surface if i have the coordinates of z in a matrix.

I have a matrix Z that represents the z coordinate of a surface to find the bending moment. x and y coordinates must cover a plate of 6.82m and they have to be divided in 10 places (same as z matrix), which means every 0.682m. How to make the 3D representation (surface) for those values.

Attached you can find the values for z coordinates.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

9 REPLIES 9

One surface plot

When i go in Contour Plot it shows me the lines perfectly but on the surface plot it shows nothing. Why?

Thank you very much

If you double-click on the 3D graph in the Mathcad 15 sheet, you get a plot format dialog:

If you click the Appearance tab, you get a dialog that allows you to select contour lines on your plot (or not.)

Everything is like you said but still it doesnt show anything. I tried also with z(x,y) functions but it doesnt show anything i the surface plot.

Screenshot_2.jpg

On the "general" tab, uncheck "show border."  See if that helps.

YESSSS!

Thank you very very much.

I recently learned this work-around myself.  Certain users (such as you and me) have trouble displaying 3D plots.  This is one work-around, and another is to force Windows to modify the display when opening Mathcad.

What mine looks like:

I think you may have a graphics driver issue

Maybe, but after i unchecked "show border" it worked.. now it shows the same way as yours. Anyway, now it is fine so thank you very much.

Top Tags