cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

I just purchased Mathcad Prime 3.1. I only want to install Mathcad 15.0. I do not want Prime on my computer. I did download the file for Mathcad 15. Can this be done? Are there written instructions to do this? Instructions to do what I want are not with t

dblackwell
1-Newbie

I just purchased Mathcad Prime 3.1. I only want to install Mathcad 15.0. I do not want Prime on my computer. I did download the file for Mathcad 15. Can this be done? Are there written instructions to do this? Instructions to do what I want are not with t

I just purchased Mathcad Prime 3.1. I only want to install Mathcad 15.0. I do not want Prime on my computer. I did download the file for Mathcad 15. Can this be done? Are there written instructions to do this? Instructions to do what I want are not with the delivered software or on the website (where I searched).

2 REPLIES 2

Did you try installing Mathcad 15 with the product code you purchased for Prime?  If that's not possible, then I'm not sure.

The procedure may differ depending on the type of license you purchased.

As I know it you get a product code which you have to type in during installation (you would need an internet connection during installation). The installation process creates a license file ("license.dat") usually bound to the MAC of your NIC.

While this license file is valid for Prime and real Mathcad alike, the product codes (as I know it) are not.

Product codes for Prime usually begin with MP03..... and you can only install the appropriate version of Prime with this code.

Product codes for Mathcad 15 used to begin with JA15.... and are valid for Mathcad 15 only.

So you probably got a product code valid for installation of Prime only and therefore you would have to install Prime first to get a license file for your computer. You should save this file at a safe place. Now you can install Mathcad and point it during installation to this already existing license file. Mathcad 15 should be happy.

Its up to you to uninstall Prime if you like to do so.

But Prime is not that large a program so it does not do any harm as long as you resist the temptation to start the program 😉

WE

P.S.: I found some old instructions from PTC (dealing with Prime 1 & MC 15) which I attach. Not sure if there is any update of that file available.

Maybe this link is of interest, too: Mathcad 15.0 – New Licensing Process | PTC

Top Tags