cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Inserting Visio drawings look blurry

DS_10024912
12-Amethyst

Inserting Visio drawings look blurry

Occasionally, I'll insert a Visio object into MathCAD Prime (I'm using version 8) using copy/past (ctrl-c & ctrl-v).  This works and it's pretty much fine for most things - but I did notice the images look a tad fuzzy.   

Is there anyway to improve upon this?

It seems that copy/past from Visio to MathCAD Prime inserts an image into Prime - that is, the copied object is converted to an image upon pasting into Prime.  Is that correct?  If so, is there a way to increase the image resolution?

I poked around attempting to insert an OLE object using Input/Output tab > Insert Object.  Maybe I don't know the best way to insert an OLE object - as my initial attempts were very sub-optimal - and difficult to work with compared to the simple action of copying and pasting objects.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've found one of two methods to make images inserted into Mathcad Prime appear less blurry.  Method one is to create a much larger Visio object to begin with - and then copy and paste those objects in to Mathcad.   The second method is to take a screen capture of the Visio object - preferably with Visio zoomed in to make Visio object large in comparison to the monitor screen size.   After the screen capture has been created use Mathcad Prime's insert image.  

I've created and attached a Mathcad  example.   

Let me know your thoughts.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

By chance I was helping my grand daughter with some 8th grade science pasting some figures into Mathcad Prime.

I had no problem with either copy/paste or insert Visio object. The attached Prime 6 file uses Visio 2016 Professional. I also use Visio 2007 (yes, I'm an old timer). Double-clisking the Visio object opens it in the Visio environment.

I've found one of two methods to make images inserted into Mathcad Prime appear less blurry.  Method one is to create a much larger Visio object to begin with - and then copy and paste those objects in to Mathcad.   The second method is to take a screen capture of the Visio object - preferably with Visio zoomed in to make Visio object large in comparison to the monitor screen size.   After the screen capture has been created use Mathcad Prime's insert image.  

I've created and attached a Mathcad  example.   

Let me know your thoughts.

Top Tags