cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Installation stuck at 75%

yama
1-Newbie

Installation stuck at 75%

Hey guys,

Do you know what could be wrong when installation is stuck at 75%? It is a brand new laptop (lenovo T540p)

I have installed all needed components (C++,.Net framework, MSXML and so) but the installation stops at 75% and nothing happens.

I have mathcad 15, win7 pro.

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:yama)

which release of MC15? Is it the latest, M030 (which you can get here: http://www.ptc.com/product/mathcad/free-trial/thank-you)?

yama
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

It was M010 but i have tryied the one you post - with same result.

Installation is stuck at 75% but now a window with PDSi installation appears and is not going any further.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Try to run "Mathcad15WixInstaller.msi" file from "mathcad" folder in Mathcad 15 distribution package (zip archive). And I recommend you to install the latest service release M030.

Pic_1.PNG

Pic_2.PNG

yama
1-Newbie
(To:VladimirN)

I tried running Mathcad15WixInstaller.msi it installed in a second - mathcad shortcut is made on desktop, but program doesnt run (process is visible in task manager - no GUI or anything)

I have installed all updates/service packs restarted - and tried to run setup with same result: PDSi viewer installation is not progressing (seems like this component is blocking installation) and total installation is stuck at 75% and it has been so in last 2 hours. I dont know what else I can do.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Right click on the installer, and select "run as administrator". It probably won't make any difference, but it's worth a try.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Other solutions:

1. Install the program in the directory proposed by default.

2. In Windows OS follow to "Programs and Feature" find "Mathcad 15 M030" then right click on it and select "Repair".

Top Tags