cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Intruder font

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Intruder font

This non-Western font (in the red circle) has been appearing for some time in the print preview phase. Is there a way to delete it and not make others appear?
I thank those who will answer me.

intruder.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:StuartBruff)

For some days this disorder has not been seen anymore, perhaps due to the action of the antivirus. Thanks anyway for the interventions.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StuartBruff
23-Emerald III
(To:-MFra-)

@-MFra- wrote:

This non-Western font (in the red circle) has been appearing for some time in the print preview phase. Is there a way to delete it and not make others appear?
I thank those who will answer me.

intruder.jpg

It might be non-Western, but it may well be a valid character within one of the standard fonts, most of which offer some Unicode support. Open Character Map and have a look at the Mathcad Unimath Prime font, for example.

Stuart

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

OK! But how do you explain the fact that it appears in those places, not being required?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III

@-MFra- wrote:

OK! But how do you explain the fact that it appears in those places, not being required?

Without seeing the document, I couldn't say.   I haven't got Mathcad 15, so can't try to print your earlier sample, and I didn't see a dialog box when trying to print an arbitrary 38-page document in Express 7.

Does the "Document" refer to the name of the file?  If so, is there anything in Properties that looks suspicious?

Stuart

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

Usually at the position that non-western character is displayed it should say "Mathcad -".

Can it be that you are using a non-western version of Mathcad??

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Werner_E)

Are you joking? It is the Mathcad 15 that I downloaded from the site at the time. Never reinstalled.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

No joke. The two (or three ?) non-western characters in both positions they show up should read "Mathcad". I have no idea what could cause displaying Mathcad's name in that foreign non western language. Its sure not the language setting in MC as I suppose you can only switch between Italian and English there. At least in my version there is only the option between German and English. But when I look in the installation directory (subdir "DiffTool") I see that there are also ressource-dll's available in Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Russian.

Have you seen those inappropriate characters elsewhere, too, or was it the print dialogue only?

Would a reinstall of Mathcad solve this annoyance? Not sure if this would help because as far as I am aware the print dialogue is not part of Mathcad but Mathcad may deliver wrong information.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III

But when I look in the installation directory (subdir "DiffTool") I see that there are also ressource-dll's available in Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Russian.

Does that mean we're all going to have to learn to read and write Japkoruspanchiangermish?  Und ich dachte, ich hätte vorher Probleme!

Not sure if this would help because as far as I am aware the print dialogue is not part of Mathcad but Mathcad may deliver wrong information.

That's why I wondered if replacing the For All character with the Turned A would cure the problem.

Stuart

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Either way, it doesn't bother me. It appears when I launch the pdf print from the MC15 preview. Until last week maybe after installing the LaTex and Kile, it came out. but I don't think it depends on them.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III

Some LaTex packages do make changes to system viewers, including DVI.  I wouldn't discount the possibility of the installation being the root cause of the problem ... certainly, the coincidence seems rather too coincidental.

Stuart

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

For some days this disorder has not been seen anymore, perhaps due to the action of the antivirus. Thanks anyway for the interventions.

Announcements

Top Tags