cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Is MathCAD Prime still that bad compared to legacy MathCAD?

CT_10315586
3-Visitor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You should see the Prime 8 version here: https://www.mathcad.com/-/media/Files/PDFs/Mathcad/Mathcad-Prime-8-vs-Mathcad-15-comparison-chart-en.pdf

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

No, it has improved but is still some way off.

You can find in attachment - "Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime 7 Comparison Chart".

You should see the Prime 8 version here: https://www.mathcad.com/-/media/Files/PDFs/Mathcad/Mathcad-Prime-8-vs-Mathcad-15-comparison-chart-en.pdf

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

What needs to be updated about the Prime 7 webinar?
Edit: I get that the resources on the past-the-form page say Prime 7 when it should be Prime 8, but I'm going to leave those as Prime 7 because... it's a historical artifact, I guess. We've removed all references on the site to upgrading to an end-of-saled version and that's what really matters to me.

As for the Resource Center, we got the Prime 7 datasheets updated to the Prime 8 ones around May 18. (I had my ticket to the web team to do this two months ago...)

There's still other parts of the Resource Center that haven't been updated yet; it's an active project that I need to yell at them about today. 🙂

@CT_10315586 wrote:

It depends on what you exactly mean by "that bad".
IMHO Prime is still a shame and real Mathcad is far superior in many respects.

But decide for yourself whether the current version Prime 8 meets your requirements and wishes. Download and install it, test drive the full version for a trial period of 30 days and then make up your own mind.

Although you have accepted a "solution", simply having a table to compare capabilities is only half the story. Because it is simply a comparison table, too many of the Prime capabilities don't provide details about any item's behavior that can be missing in Prime that exist in Mathcad 15...like the way in which you have controls over elements of a plot, or the amount of points you can plot, etc., can paint a very different image of the true comparison. There are clearly aspects that are improved, but some significant capabilities are "watered-down" or missing...a table won't shed light on where those are. I hope PTC will address these BEFORE they sunset access to Mathcad 15 in another 3 1/2 years. We would like to have at least a year (or more) to convert files over with 2D & 3D plots that don't have labels and titles stripped, and collapsible regions that can also be expanded and shrunk WHILE locked, etc. This forum has identified a fairly substantial list of functions, and behaviors, that have not been addressed.

Top Tags