cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Issue with degree temperature units on bottom of fraction

RB_10576622
2-Guest

Issue with degree temperature units on bottom of fraction

I am using Mathcad Prime 7 and I am having an issue where if I put US temperature units in the denominator of a fraction, it says the value must be a scalar or a matrix.  This does not happen with Kelvin or Rankine units.  I tried writing it different ways and that did not help either.  I tried selecting it directly from the units list as opposed to typing it in.  I tried converting the kelvin equivalent to Fahrenheit and still no luck.  Does anyone know what is going on or how to get this to work?

RB_10576622_0-1675360140222.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RB_10576622)

In Prime the 'units' °C and °F are actually functions. That is because K is the native/internal temperature unit, and °C and °F are not simple multiples of K.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RB_10576622)

In Prime the 'units' °C and °F are actually functions. That is because K is the native/internal temperature unit, and °C and °F are not simple multiples of K.

Success!
Luc

well, °C is a simple addition to K, but it still fails.

What does work is defining differences 

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1675432560782.png

Thanks for the response.  That is annoying that you can't use it like that, but it is ok.  Everything else in my sheet is in US units, I'll just leave this in Rankine.

Top Tags