cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Legacy MathCAD "trace" in MathCAD Prime

dnevistic
1-Newbie

Legacy MathCAD "trace" in MathCAD Prime

MathCAD 15 has a different idea of "trace" than MathCAD prime, and it is this difference that is preventing me and my group from transitioning to Prime.

The way that trace worked in MathCAD 15, is when you had an x/y plot in front of you, you could right click on it, select trace, and then use your mouse to move the trace around the graph.  Being able to use your mouse in this way is very powerful.

This function is very heavily used by MathCAD users (before Prime), and the lack of this function is IMO the main drawback of Prime.

Prime's UI before 4.0 was also too slow to use.  It took me longer to complete designs in it relative to 15 because of the response time of the UI.  Prime 4.0 feels faster, so hopefully this hurdle is now resolved.  Actual computations in Prime were fast, but the UI was very slow.

2 REPLIES 2

Prime needs at the first line this option from Mathcad 15.

Users can move horizontal or vertical marker and see cross-hair with two values on the curve!

Now we can change the xt value an see it.

Trace.png

Thanks Valery.  The seamless way that MathCAD 15 does this is a very useful and heavily used feature.

Getting rid of this in Prime is a major reason that my coworkers do not want to switch away from 15.

Top Tags