cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

License registration, license path

ptc-4740678
1-Newbie

License registration, license path

Hello

I'm a Student and I work the first time with Mathcad.
I registered my license for Mathcad prime 2.0 before i was updating my Notebook from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Our teachers said that we must save the license-path before we will set up a new os. But i didn`t now where i will find that, so i saved all Mathcad-files. Know i can't start Mathcad Prime 2.0 from the old files, than i had install it one more time, but now i should registring it new. I tried many files but i didn't find the right license-file.

My Question: Where can i find the license-file and whats the full name of it. If it wouldn't work what can i do to run mathcad prime again. It's very urgent, because i have an important math test next week.

I don't registried mathcad by a Flexnet Server,but by a serial number.

Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english.

1 REPLY 1

Mathcad will store the license in

%ProgramData%\PTC\Mathcad Prime\license

And the license file wil be MathcadLicense.dat

Typically C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\license\MathcadLicense.dat

Note, there might be more than one file in there if you downloaded the license more than once. You should also be able to retrieve the license again (provided your mac address did not change) using the Mathcad License Wizard by entering the same product code you used before.

Good luck,

--Jakov

Top Tags