cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Lusk_Four Fours Game_20120125.pdf

FredLusk
12-Amethyst

Lusk_Four Fours Game_20120125.pdf

Greetings Four Fours Game fanatics…you know who you are…(BTW, if you aren't familiar with the Four Fours Game, the attached document includes a complete description)

I have been dinking around with the Four Fours Game since Algebra I in 8th grade in the early 1970s, when our teacher, the extraordinary Mr. Sherard, dropped it on us and made it a contest.  In the early 1990s, I began the process of documenting my own hand-written solutions using the Equation Editor in MS Word.  The current version, which I published two years ago to give to my math teacher friends, is still an MS Word/Equation Editor document.  The current version contains multiple solutions for every number from 1 to 300.  I am working on 301–400 as time permits.  There is one source on the internet (mentioned in my document) that has single solutions up to about 40,000 and there was no way I could directly compete with that, which is why I decided to concetrate on multiple solutions for every number.

Although it would be possible to present these solutions using Mathcad, I have no desire to redo the existing work.

Enjoy.

2 REPLIES 2
vma
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:FredLusk)

looks funny

FredLusk
12-Amethyst
(To:FredLusk)

Here is Version 4.0 of The Four Fours Game, dated September 19, 2021.  This document has a lot more information than the previous version and includes more than 3,400 solutions for all integers from 1 to 500.  Enjoy.

Top Tags