cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Lusk_LatLon-UTM Conversions.zip

FredLusk
12-Amethyst

Lusk_LatLon-UTM Conversions.zip

The purpose of this worksheet is to convert geographic coordinates between latitude/longitude (Lat/Lon) and Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM). This worksheet provides separate program functions to convert Lat/Lon coordinates to UTM and UTM coordinates to Lat/Lon. These two programs and the preliminary calculations for them use a truncated version of the Transverse Mercator flattening series derived by Johann Heinrich Louis Krüger in 1912. Results are accurate to about one millimeter within 3,000 km of a UTM Zone's central meridian. The ellipsoid data in this worksheet is for World Geodetic System 1984 (WGS 84), which is very close to North American Datum 1983 (NAD 83). This worksheet provides two data entry methods: internal tables and external Excel spreadsheets.

This worksheet is in Mathcad Prime 3.0 format.  For users of other versions of Mathcad, the .zip file also contains a .pdf version.  The spreadsheet in the .zip file is used in the worksheet to read in data.  I did not include a WRITEEXCEL formula to post the results back to the spreadsheet, because I just discovered this omission and want to get this uploaded before I go home for the evening.  I will update the worksheet later.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags