cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

MATHCAD 15 GRAPH FONTS

regcurry
14-Alexandrite

MATHCAD 15 GRAPH FONTS

Helping an old man with fading memory would be much appreciated.

In the attached Mathcad 15 file, I have somehow enlarged the label fonts.  I cannot recall how I did this.  Can anyone find the setting I used to change the 2D graph fonts?

Thanks for any help.

Reg

Reg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:regcurry)

I found the answer here. https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/how-to-change-label-font-size/m-p/60343#M23819

Format>Equation>Math Text Font>Modify 👍

regcurry_0-1669771157461.png

Reg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I don't see any changed size in the labels of the 2D plot. They look the same to me as they always had.
I also don't think that there is an option to change the size, font or color of the 2D plot labels.

regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Werner,

Thanks.  Here is how it looks on my PC.  I used an existing Mathcad 15 file that uses larger labels.  I have no idea why this file gives larger graph fonts.

regcurry_0-1669769479131.png

Notice the larger fonts. 

This is how it looks if I generate the Mathcad 15 file from scratch.  These are the normal "smaller" fonts. 🤔

regcurry_1-1669769649798.png

Reg
regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:regcurry)

I found the answer here. https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/how-to-change-label-font-size/m-p/60343#M23819

Format>Equation>Math Text Font>Modify 👍

regcurry_0-1669771157461.png

Reg

OMG, I am using MC for quite a long time but wasn't aware of that. Actually I some wondered what "Math Text Font" would affect, but obviously I never really bothered.

When I create a new 2D plot in new worksheet the label font looks exactly the same as in the sheet you posted.

But I notice that in the sheet you posted the font used for variables and numbers is changed from "Times New Roman" to "Arial". Font size is the same as in the initial configuration (10 pt), but Arial looks smaller and so in direct comparison the labels look a bit larger.

You may try to change the font for variables and number via the menu:  Format - Equation - Variables - Modify - Font

regcurry
14-Alexandrite

Found the answer.  You can even change the font color.  Note: It applies to all graphs in the worksheet.

regcurry_0-1669773503983.png

Reg

@regcurry wrote:

Found the answer.  You can even change the font color.  Note: It applies to all graphs in the worksheet.

Yes, unfortunately all changes under Format - Equation ... affect the whole worksheet an not single regions.

I suggested Format-Equation-Variable in my answer above, but was not aware of Format-Equation-Math Text Font, resp. wasn't sure what this option would affect.

You are never to old to learn something new ...

regcurry
14-Alexandrite

Werner,

I will try the Format..Equation..Variable and see what that does.

Thanks much.
Reg

@regcurry wrote:

Werner,

I will try the Format..Equation..Variable and see what that does.

Thanks much.

It changes the appearance of all variable NAMES and also units!

To change the numbers you would have to use Format-Constants.

You can also create your own user defined styles, e.g. you could name "User 1" ti "Complex" and set it up like "Variables" but with underline. Useful, but a bit awkward to apply - best by using the toolbar menu:

Werner_E_0-1669776730893.png

Top Tags