cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Make an index of files in a folder or an e-book

IK_10956397
4-Participant

Make an index of files in a folder or an e-book

Hi -

I have quite a number of mathCAD workbooks in a folder. To access them easily I set up an "Index" mathCAD workbook and typed out a list of them and had a hyperlink to each file so that I can open the index file and just click on the link to take me to the file.

This was ok to begin with but if I move the folder then the links all need to be updated and there are quite a few of them now.

I remember in the old version of MathCAD there was a way to make an electronic book and I think it worked if the folder with the electronic book was moved.

Is there a way to make an e-book now or what is the best practice for this in MathCAD now. I' feel that this must be something that MathCAD users must still be doing but I can't figure out how.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:IK_10956397)

Which version of Prime?

I think that you also will have to provide more details about how you realised that "index". How did you implement the links, did you use links added to text regions or scripted components (buttons), or ...

Best would be to provide a simplified example with just one or two links.

BTW, the E-Books in real Mathcad had to be installed/copied to a specific folder  ("Handbook") in the installation directory of the program. The hyperlinks in an E-Book used relative paths then (".\....").

I guess you should be able to use relative paths in Prime, too, when you use text regions with hyperlinks.

Concerning Mathcad E-Books, PTC unfortunately never tried to provide something similar useful for Prime.

Here is an older posting concerning E-Books:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Ideas/eBooks-in-Prime-5-0/idi-p/465440

If you follow the link in a reply by "David_A", there is content PTC posted to create a web page that will organize the older E-Books they distributed (if you have them) in a manner that can launch them...it works but is a bit clumsy. It may be possible that new functionality in Prime 10 will let you do this, but I have yet to create one as a test. When I do, I can follow-up here (don't hold your breath though!).

Hope this helps!

Announcements

Top Tags