cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Math regions inside text regions

SFares
12-Amethyst

Math regions inside text regions

Hello,

In the attached sheet, i have math regions and text regions together within one big region. How do i  remove this big region so i can have only the text and math regions outside this big region?

Thanks!

Sam

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:SFares)

I fear there is no automatic one-step solution.

You rather will have to cut and paste each region (text and/or math) one by one to a position outside of the large region, and rearrange them to duplicate the look is has now.

If your mark more than one region, you will end up with a larger region which includes just the marked regions which is not what you want.

I always felt it would be bad habit to pack larger calculations in one big text region - its far harder to edit or arrange differently that way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Region or Area?

If Region, then you may be able to take advantage of a bug; copy the region and paste it elsewhere. If you're lucky only the text pastes, the embedded math regions are stripped from it, assuming that's what you want......

If Area, then you copy the regions inside the Area and paste them elsewhere.

Success!

Luc

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you, Luc!

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

I fear there is no automatic one-step solution.

You rather will have to cut and paste each region (text and/or math) one by one to a position outside of the large region, and rearrange them to duplicate the look is has now.

If your mark more than one region, you will end up with a larger region which includes just the marked regions which is not what you want.

I always felt it would be bad habit to pack larger calculations in one big text region - its far harder to edit or arrange differently that way.

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

I agree with you. I received the MathCAD sheet in that format and it is difficult to work with. Thank you, Werner!

Announcements

Top Tags