cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

MathCAD 14 Add-In For Solidworks 2013 64 bit

ebrady
1-Newbie

MathCAD 14 Add-In For Solidworks 2013 64 bit

Will the MathCAD add-in for SolidWorks work with MathCAD 14 and SolidWorks 2013 x64 on Win7-64bit?

Are there any unpleasant side effects?

Are any esoteric procedures required to make it work?

If so, what procedures?

3 REPLIES 3
ebrady
1-Newbie
(To:ebrady)

I want to use this unsupported add-in but do not want chance damaging my SolidWorks or Windows installation.

If someone has tried this add-in I would like to hear from them.

In addition:

The provided Word file says to register the dll file "Mathcad_15.dll";

but what do you do with all these other supplied files?

Interop.SldWorks.dll

Interop.SwConst.dll

Interop.SWPublished.dll

Mathcad_15.dll

Mathcad_15.tlb

Mathcad_15.xml

ebrady
1-Newbie

I gave it a try:

After successfully registered Mathcad_14.dll and receiving an strong-name warning RA0000. I then ran MathCad 14 and SolidWorks 2013 but could not find the Mathcad_14 Add-in in the Add-in menu. I restarted windows 7 64-bit, ran MathCad 14 and SolidWorks 2013; still no Mathcad_14 Add-in in the Add-in menu. Wanting to avoid DLL Hell, I then unregistered Mathcad_14.dll. So I have no successful result to report and no permanent damage.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

In "Solidworks – Mathcad User Guide" guide was considered the following integration, quote:

... It was built and tested on windows XP-32, using Solidworks 2010 and Mathcad 15.It also supports Solidworks 2011...

You can get in touch with the author of this integration: John Sheehan (http://communities.ptc.com/people/jsheehan).

Top Tags