cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

MathCAD 15 Runtime Error

DanielBaker
1-Newbie

MathCAD 15 Runtime Error

I just purchased and downloaded MathCAD 15, however every time I try to open the program, it responds with a runtime error message saying:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\mathcad.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

What does this mean? I'm new to MathCAD and I'm excited to learn this program, but this is frustrating!!! Has anyone seen this error before? I appreciate any and all help! Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello!

On the PC following programs should be installed also ((data from "Mathcad Requirements")):
• Microsoft.NET Framework® 3.5 or later.
• MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required).
• Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later.

Mathcad_15_Requirements.jpg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello!

On the PC following programs should be installed also ((data from "Mathcad Requirements")):
• Microsoft.NET Framework® 3.5 or later.
• MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required).
• Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later.

Mathcad_15_Requirements.jpg

VladimirN,

Thank you for your quick reply and help! You'll have to forgive me, I'm not very tech savvy, is there a simple way to check if my computer has Microsoft.NET Framework® 3.5, MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK, or Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later? I think (not sure though) my computer only has Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 and when I tried to download Framework 3.5, it didn't work, it said there was an installation error, any thoughts? Again, thank you for your help.

Dan

Daniel,

On what operating system (Windows) you work?

I'm using Vista.

In Windows Vista it is possible to look at these components in "Cotrol Panel" - "Programs" - "Programs and Features" - "Windows Features". Further they can be activated, having put down a tick.

http://www.kodyaz.com/images/articles/iis7-windows7/windows-7-control-panel-programs.PNG

http://www.davidarno.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/add-remove-windows-components.png

I hope it will help.

VladimirN,

Again, thank you for all of your help! MathCAD finally is working!

Dan

No problem.

P.S. Also, if you have Mathcad 14/15 and are on maintenance, Mathcad Prime is free of charge.

Top Tags