cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

MathCAD Prime 3.0 & Roark Toolkit, possible?

bzhu-2
1-Newbie

MathCAD Prime 3.0 & Roark Toolkit, possible?

Hi,

If someone could please advise on the followings.

Our company bought Mathcad Prime 3.0 licenses.

One of our users (based in Britain) wants to know if Roark Toolkit is available in Mathcad Prime 3.0.

e opened and tested, but did not see Roark Toolkit (or say this function) in it.

Some suggestion in the internet indicates that Roark Toolkit was available in old Mathcad Prime, and we'll have to pay additional cost for getting it in Mathcad Prime 3.0.

Is this true?

If so, could someone please give a official link for all the information, including price, installation guide, how to buy it...etc?

Thanks!

/zhubk

15 REPLIES 15
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:bzhu-2)

Hi,

You can buy a collection of worksheets, here: Mathcad | PTC Webstore

If you have purchased a license for Mathcad Prime, then you can use the same license for Mathcad 15. And if necessary, it will be possible to convert all documents (from ebook, worksheet collections) that you need from Mathcad 15 to Mathcad Prime 3.0.

hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the info!.

Yes, we've bought licenses for both Mathcad Prime 3.0 and Prime 2.0.

We are now encouraging our users to use Prime 3.0 instead of 2.0 or older versions.

We tested 3.0 and realized that Roark's took kit is not available in this version and therefore, we would like to know:

• If, to buy Roark's Tool kit, install it and make it available in Prime 3.0 can be done and how.

I see in the PTC Webstore link: Mathcad | PTC Webstore, it says that "Roark's Worksheet Library - 6th Edition for PTC Mathcad 15.0" in title.

We want to know if this "Roark's Worksheet Library - 6th Editiion for PTC Mathcad 15.0" can be installed and used in Mathcad Prime 3.0?

If this is true, I will contact our Software Asset manager in Oslo to assess and procure license, and they will be configured, released and used globally in our company.

If this cannot be done, we'll have to seek for other workarounds.

Just last night, I received updates from a colleague in Oslo that, we'll test Mathcad Prime 2.0 (we have the license already) and Prime 3.1 (download the package, but have not yet bought license).

For 3.1 and 2.0, we want to know:

If Roark's Toolkit is directly available in these two versions?

If we need to buy additional package and then install it as add-on? the prices and How?

Any advise would be appreciated!

/zhubk

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

It is possible the following: you buy a Roark worksheets for Mathcad 15 and then convert them to Mathcad Prime version by using the built-in Prime converter. And the following script "Scripts to convert e-book functionality to an HTML table of contents" can be useful in this case: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS200084

Pic_1.png

Hi zhubk,

Today you have the option of buying Roark's in Mathcad 15 format.

We are working on making the Mathcad Prime version available later this summer (2015).

Look out for an announcement when this becomes available.

Thanks

Thomas

hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information!

Please see my reply to Vladimir.

/zhubk

Hi Thomas,

Can you please provide an update on the status of the Roark's formulas in Prime?

Thanks!

MtnDog
7-Bedrock
(To:tdevaraj)

Any update on releasing the Prime version of Roarks' e-book?

Hello, VladimirN., Billy and I are interested in learning the status of the Roark's formulas in MC Prime, without needing to convert from MC 15, but I think Thomas Devaraj may no longer work for PTC. Do you know anyone that we can redirect our question to? Thanks much for any assistance you can provide.

Hi Eric,

Please try to contact with Brent Edmonds and John T Sheehan .

Thank you, VladimirN.‌I appreciate it.

Hello Brent Edmonds‌ and John T Sheehan‌, are either of you able to provide any status for the Roark's formulas in Mathcad Prime, so conversion from MC 15 won't be necessary? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Do not forget to send a private message to each of them:

Pic_1.png

For me it's a big mystery why they have not yet been released this library for Mathcad Prime.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirN)

So it looks like John T Sheehan hasn't been logged in to the forum since October 9, 2015.

Brent Edmonds hasn't been logged in since July 16, 2016.

Do either of them still work at PTC?

Is there any hope, other than John's conversion script, of a Roark's handbook for Prime 3.x ???  This is a sad state of affairs.  There are moth holes in the curtains.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

According with "Mathcad Prime 4.0 What's New" guide, quote: "the 6-th Edition of the Roark's Worksheet Library is now available for purchase for Mathcad Prime 4.0. Provides a library of templates of stress and strain calculations on a comprehensive collection of structural components".

Pic__.png

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirN)

Has anyone actually used these worksheets in Prime?

I have converted many of the files to Prime myself (with many orders of magnitude to go...) and found the following:

* the straight conversion to Prime files results in ugly documents with many annotations

* the old files had many "inefficiencies" as they were created originally for a very old version of Mathcad

* There are some bugs in some of the files

So is this set of worksheets a straight Mathcad 15 to Mathcad Prime conversion, or has someone put some effort into cleaning them up?

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

PTC has posted a conversion routine for eBooks to Prime, see above.  The results is a set of hyperlinks to each of the tables.  Not as efficient as eBooks.  I use books to document my calculations.  The documentation includes the use of sub-folders.  The PTC conversion routine will not convert these eBooks.  PTC may not include eBooks with the release of Prime 5.0, even though Prime 5.0 should include all the features of Mathcad v15.  Suggest we add this as a feature request, then maybe eBooks will be included.

Cheers

Top Tags