cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

MathCAD won't symbolically integrate

ptc-4168940
1-Newbie

MathCAD won't symbolically integrate

As the states, MathCAD isn't symbolically integrating my formula. Also, it is saying that dpdT isn't defined whe it is and I've used it in the previous integration.

Any and all help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The attached might help.

Alan

Edited to attach corrected worksheet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The attached might help.

Alan

Edited to attach corrected worksheet.

Thank you so much. That is much more than I expected anyone to do. Whether or not it is the correct answer, I'm not sure. I've just got to figure out how to simplify it to 1 page width.

Hi,

Hope this doesn't confuse the issue.

The problem that mathcad has with the equations as written is that all the variables a, B, R, v1, v2 etc (although you know they are real, positive (constants)) could take any value & Mathcad will assess the information it has & produce the most comprehensive answer possible - very complex & long winded.

Simply limiting all of them with an "assume, x>0" in the symbolic equation appears to drastically reduce this behaviour.

Attached shows this in the first equation.

The second equation gave further problems until I realized that you had defined a function p(...) earlier & I assume that this is what you men in the second equation.

It does resolve to quite simple results, but (it is left to the student to show that ...) whether they are correct or not is beyond my knowing.

Regards

Andy

Thanks, It does make it simpler, but I'm not sure I can assume my constants will always be greater than 0.

Top Tags