cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

MathCad Prime vs. MathCad15

ehanauer
1-Newbie

MathCad Prime vs. MathCad15

In MathCad Prime it is not possible to print out the time stamp in the footer as like as it was provided in MathCad former versions. Recent calculation updates cannot be coordinated during the hourly work progress during one single day.

In MathCad Prime it is not possible to print the printing date in ISO standard formates. It can only be printed in the US formate, e.g. "mm/dd/jjjj". The european formates "dd.mm.jjjj" or "jjjj-mm-dd" are not provided, but you can print a wrong formate "dd/mm/jjjj" which is forbidden in official documents.

These are my most serious issues about MathCad Prime. Not very much, but impossible to handle.

Another change is only annoying: the shortcuts and the handling of indices have been changed. In MathCad Prime it is not possible to easily copy formulars and convert the indices. With a backspace deleting you leave the index line and have to select the index function again.

Is there any chance to have an appropriate handling in further versions again?

5 REPLIES 5

Emil Hanauer wrote:

In MathCad Prime it is not possible to print the printing date in ISO standard formates. It can only be printed in the US formate, e.g. "mm/dd/jjjj". The european formates "dd.mm.jjjj" or "jjjj-mm-dd" are not provided, but you can print a wrong formate "dd/mm/jjjj" which is forbidden in official documents.

A workaround is to insert a text-box, into which you can write the date and time by hand in whatever format you like.

Alan

I think, I need to refill my Tipp-Ex. It ran out ten years ago...

Surely you don't need Tipp-Ex? Merely scrape the old date off the papyrus roll and have your scribe illuminate a new one for you.

ELSID
4-Participant
(To:ehanauer)

Or "Liquid Paper" (white-out) for those of us in the States

Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:ehanauer)

Hello Emil,

MC Prime has much more serious issues than a poorly designed ribbon.Some very basic functionalities are still dysfunctional.

Some weeks ago I saw a sad example in MC prime 2.0: the legend in graphs doesn't distinguish between the symbols of the graph. E.g. a curve with red triangles is a red line in the legend as is the red line of the graph.

As long as such basic functionalities don't work I don't have an incentive to forgo my trusty MC 15.

Raiko

Top Tags