cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

MathCad “perpetual” license - transfer to new computer

ptc-2810047
4-Participant

MathCad “perpetual” license - transfer to new computer

I have a “perpetual” license for MathCad 15/Prime 2. Who do I contact to get license file for my new computer? I have contacted the PTC site and all I get are requests for account numbers and service contracts.

14 REPLIES 14

Apparently http://support.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenterSingleUser.htm no longer works,.

Get the response:

Licensing Mathcad

The trial program you are requesting is no longer available. Please visit the software product page on www.ptc.com to explore our latest versions.

Other people have reported these same results.

(Yes. I have verified that the Product Code was entered correctly.)

What is the next step? or have "Non-Expiring" licenses now expired?

Hi,

did you try Log Case option ?

MartinHanak_0-1686118110233.png

You can also try sending email describing your request to academicsupport@ptc.com

This procedure is mentioned in https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/Creo-installation-stuck-at-processing/m-p/828065#M13079 discussion.

Martin Hanák

Mathcad "Support" replied

"All our old Mathcad licenses are retired including the Mathcad 6.0. In order to gain access to Mathcad, you will need to purchase a new license from the PTC eStore https://store.ptc.com

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards"

Has anyone successfully received a new license file for MathCad in the past few months?

@ptc-2810047 wrote:

Mathcad "Support" replied

"All our old Mathcad licenses are retired including the Mathcad 6.0. In order to gain access to Mathcad, you will need to purchase a new license from the PTC eStore https://store.ptc.com

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards"

This outrageous brashness is unbelievable!

Hi,

license file related to commercial license contains following header

#                 PTC License Pack
#         IMPORTANT SOFTWARE LICENSING INFORMATION
#              Retain this for your records.

#Customer        :<customer name>
#Site            :<customer site>
#                :<address fields> 
#                :
#                : 
#                :
#                :

#                :

#Contact         :<contact person name>
#Email           :<contact person email>

#Customer Number :<customer number>
#Install Site No :<site number>

#**************************************** Summary Table *******************************************************
#                       PTC Host ID xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
#FeatureName            Qty        Product                            Release   Type    Expiration     Contract
#**************************************************************************************************************
#254                      1     Mathcad Image Processing                 Prime 6.0 Ext     perm        <service contract number>  
#255                      1     Mathcad Data Analysis                    Prime 6.0 Ext     perm        <service contract number>  
#256                      1     Mathcad Signal Processing                Prime 6.0 Ext     perm        <service contract number>  
#257                      1     Mathcad Wavelets                         Prime 6.0 Ext     perm        <service contract number>  
#MATHCAD                  1     Mathcad                                  Prime 6.0 Lic     perm        <service contract number>  
#MathcadPrime             1     Mathcad                                  Prime 9.0 Lic     perm        <service contract number>  

You can find there information requested by PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

PTC has replied that they have “retired” all versions of Mathcad other than the current version, and will not send me a license file.

Hi,

do you own Commercial license?

Martin Hanák

Is this license perpetual?

Martin Hanák

Yes. License is perpetual

Is it Commercial license?

Martin Hanák

Not a commercial license. Perpetual educational license.

@ptc-2810047 wrote:

Not a commercial license. Perpetual educational license.

Hi,

I am sorry I have no information about the educational license policy. I give up.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags