cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

MathCad set of linear equation solution error (don't work)

LB_9743293
2-Guest

MathCad set of linear equation solution error (don't work)

Hi, guys im trying to solve this equation and get the value of coefficients (alpha1,2,3) and it doesn't work. Do you have and suggestions on how to solve this? I would like to use it in the future, so it should be parametric. I attached a screenshot and file. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/2wQE0L0

2 REPLIES 2

If you want a quantity "f" to be depend on variables "x" and "y" you have to define a function -> f(x,y):=....

If you use symbolic quantities you can't evaluate numerically (the normal "="). You may evaluate symbolically (the right arrow "->" you get by pressing Ctrl .)

I also wonder why you define variables with units just to make all expressions thereafter unitless !?

The attached sheet is not working as you expect, but should give you a starting point.

Oh, I see. Im going to check it out thank you. I want to use units but I was searching for error and I thought that is going to be a problem with units compatibility. Thank you.

Top Tags