cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad 14: Graph "Traces" causing "internal error..."

ptc-4284010
1-Newbie

Mathcad 14: Graph "Traces" causing "internal error..."

Hi

Please can someone help, having problems formatting graphs using the "traces" tab, the table is missing, then when I select another tab Mathcad crashes displaying message "internal error has ocurred...". I have tried repairing the installation and also completely re-installing to no avail.

hope someone may be able to help.

thanks

Shaun

12 REPLIES 12

Hello!

What version of Mathcad (and Windows OS) do you mean? This error occurs in any file?

Hi

It's Mathcad 14, installed on my rather ancient windows xp (sp1) pc, so perhaps that's the problem.

thanks

Shaun

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4284010)

What version of M14?

Mike

sorry Mike, Mathcad 14.0 M020 (14.0.2.5 [])

thanks

Shaun

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4284010)

Vladimir is correct, why not update to XP SP3?

Mike

Also, try updating to the latest Mathcad 14 service release M035: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Oops, forgot about that. Well pointed out Vladimir.

Mike

Why be not updated to XP SP3?

Thanks, will upgrade to sp3 shortly, perhaps this is the problem.

attached a screen image of the problem. Thanks for all suggestions, will install mc update

Shaun

Trace Error.JPG

Also, here's a link to "Mathcad 14.0 - M035 Release Notes" (pay attention to the section "Software Requirements"): http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/98347/en/Mathcad_14_M035_RELNOTES.HTM

I was recently having this problem with Mathcad 14 and 15 (I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both versions). I am running window 7. I solved it with Mathcad 15. To solve the problem:

1. Go to uninstall programs

2. Find Mathcad and repair it

3. A box will ask for Mathcad15WixInstaller.msi browse for it (Mathcad15_EN folder -> mathcad -> Mathcad15WixInstaller.msi)

4. and BAM! problem solved

Hope this helps

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:jstaker)

Thank you for sharing this tip.

Top Tags