cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad 15 M050 Release?

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

Mathcad 15 M050 Release?

The Mathcad 15 M050 release that supports Windows 10 was supposed to be 2nd quarter of 2017 according to the Roadmap.  Has anyone heard anything at the PTC events on when this is actually supposed to hit the street?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:JeffH1)

Nope. Not surprisingly.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Jeff,

PTC product calendar (link: http://support.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm#RANGE!A602 ) is empty for this service release:

Pic_1.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Doesn't Mathcad 15 (F000 through M045) install and run under Windows 10?

What kind of 'Windows 10 support' do you need?

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

Yes, I'm running it on Windows 10 at home with very little issue.  However, PTC does not officially list Mathcad 15 M045 as being "supported" under Windows 10.  Should anything be discovered that isn't working correctly, we can't get support through our corporate contract.  This gives our corporate IT department the heebie jeebies.  I'd be happy for PTC to just change their release notes and state that Mathcad 15 M045 is supported on Windows 10 without issuing a maintenance release.  However, they must have had something planned because it is in their release Roadmap.

Anyway, we are upgrading the entire corporate network to Windows 10 in August/September, so I need to get this sorted out by then.  Welcome to my life.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

"because it is in their release Roadmap"

You must have more (inside !) information... Even VladimirN doesn't know about M050.

Luc

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Jeff Henning wrote:

However, they must have had something planned because it is in their release Roadmap.

No, it was in their roadmap.

Prime has been out for a long time now.  Surely, any old Mathcad files we really needed have been translated by now.  And Prime 4.0 is so much better than 15, why would we possibly need to continue to use and maintain it?

(I'm trying for a position in PTC sales!) 

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

Roadmap mod.png

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Top Tags