cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad 15 Support After Windows 10

rbostiga
3-Visitor

Mathcad 15 Support After Windows 10

I believe the last time I tried converting a Mathcad 15 file to Prime was with Prime 3.0, and as I recall it was a dismal failure.  I use Mathcad to solve sets of simultaneous nonlinear equations, with lots of 2D and 3D plots to visualize the output. It is very easy in Mathcad 15, and I am concerned with PTC's inability to recreate Mathcad 15's plotting capabilities in Prime. I thought I had read something to the effect that PTC was not going to support Mathcad 15 after Windows 10.  Can anyone tell me if this is true?  If so, I may have to search for a new tool.

4 REPLIES 4

@rbostiga wrote:

I believe the last time I tried converting a Mathcad 15 file to Prime was with Prime 3.0, and as I recall it was a dismal failure.  I use Mathcad to solve sets of simultaneous nonlinear equations, with lots of 2D and 3D plots to visualize the output. It is very easy in Mathcad 15, and I am concerned with PTC's inability to recreate Mathcad 15's plotting capabilities in Prime. I thought I had read something to the effect that PTC was not going to support Mathcad 15 after Windows 10.  Can anyone tell me if this is true?  If so, I may have to search for a new tool.

Its a long time since we heard an official statement from PTC as to the plans with real Mathcad (15).

Di you remember them claim that Prime 3 would incorporate all feature of MC15 and even will be better? Now we have P5 and and Prime still is much slower and more cumbersome to use and is missing a lot of features we got used to with MC15.

Quite a while ago we could read that they will support MC15 at least up to Prime 5. Not sure what an actual statement would be.

Not supporting MC15 after Win10 would be no problem as Microsoft does not plan any version after Windows 10 😉  But of course we cannot expect PTC to support MC15 forever. They sure will drop support of the unwanted superior Mathcad sooner or later.

Looking for new tools sure is something you should do very soon.

I hope Mathcad 15 will be enough for the rest of my life.

I plan to retire within 4 years, and don't expect to need Mathcad 15 in retirement.  I worry about all the analyses I've done over the years and whether they will be useful to anyone after I'm gone.  I have not found anything that will solve sets of simultaneous equations anywhere near as easily as Mathcad.  I hope someone from PTC will respond to this thread.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:rbostiga)

PTC will not reply.

Bear in mind that when PTC says that they will not support Mathcad 15, that does not mean it will not install or run. It only means that when it will no longer install or run they will not fix it. Hopefully, that's a good few years down the road, at which point I will also no longer really need it.

Top Tags