cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mathcad 15 licenses

ptc-4426841
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 licenses

Hello

Is it still possible to aquire Student-Licenses for Mathcad 15??

Our reseller says it is not possible, but i really doubt their credibility.

Best Regards,

Soren

7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

Whether you order Mathcad Prime 2.0, you get a free copy of Mathcad 15 (Mathcad 15 is also required for the conversion of "MCD" and "XMCD" worksheets for Prime 2.0) and vice versa. And the list of the resellers in your region can be found here:

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/search/resellers.jsp?&mod=ptcproduct::Mathcad&mod=ptccountry::Denmark

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/search/resellers.jsp?&mod=ptcproduct::Mathcad

Hi again,

If im not interested in getting Prime 2.0 - is it still possible to get Mathcad 15-only licenses?

Best Regards

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4426841)

You get it free with Prime 2.0 anyway.

Mike

Dont i have to install Prime 2.0 to activate Mathcad 15 then??

Im not interested in installing Prime 2.0.

You install each program separately, so you can just install Mathcad 15, if that's what you prefer.

Mona

And then use the licenses for Prime 2.0? To activate Mathcad 15..

rag
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

Same problem here.

Need for a bunch of edu-licenses an no need for an unfinished Prime 2.0.

The product-codes you get for Prime 2.0 (beginning with MP02...) will work for Mathcad Prime 2.0 only!

So you have to install Prime 2 first to get your license-file during installation, This license-file then is valid for Mathcad 15 too.

I don't want our students to go to all this hassle and would prefer "native" Mathcad 15 product-codes (beginning with JA15...).

Last time we ordered edu-codes (Prime 2 was not released then) we got a bunch of Prime1 codes and it was tough going and a little bit like running the gauntlet to get them changed for MC15 codes. With the help of a local PTC employee we managed it anyway.

Good in more than one sense, as we had no need for the crippled Prime1 and Prime2 was released some weeks later.

Needless to say that the Prime1 codes don't work for Prime2. So our students would have been forced to install an outdated Prime1 just to be able to install and work with MC15.

But be prepared that the license file you get when you install MC15 with an appropriate product key is NOT valid for Mathcad Prime. So if you want to testdrive Prime you need a prime product-code or stay with the 30 day trial period.

I really hope that MC15-product-codes will be available still for a long time as I suspect Prime3 will not be a suitable replacement für MC15 and I am not willing to force people to clutter their system with Prime simply to be able to run MC15.

Good luck in obtaining MC15-product codes.

Announcements

Top Tags