Good evening to all.
I downloaded the trial version, the installation was successful. When I run the program, the result is a total crash. I therefore fail to use and test the program.
Attached full stack trace. Some of you have any ideas?
1. Try to contact with PTC's technical support by using "Mathcad Installation & Licensing Support Center": http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm
2. Mathcad Prime 2.0 requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later.
The. NET framework 4 is installed properly, otherwise the installation could not be completed successfully. The program works if the operating system is booted into Safe Mode.
Can I assume that there is some service running on the machine that creates some problems in the start of the program, generating an unhandled exception.
I followed your advice by opening a ticket to technical support, hoping that respond quickly.
Here is the WORKAROUND (taken from here: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS55278 😞
"1. Log in as Administrator or any user with Administrator Privileges
2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Parametric Technology Corporation\Mathcad Engine
3. Find and rename the file efisymbolics‐outofproc.exe to any other name(for example: efisymbolics‐outofproc_old.exe)
4. Download the update version of efisymbolics‐outofproc.exe here (http://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=138923).
5. Copy the downloaded file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Parametric Technology Corporation\Mathcad Engine\
6. Launch Mathcad Prime 2.0.
If the issue is not resolved with the workaround above, please log a case with PTC Technical Support."