cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad Prime 3.1

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Mathcad Prime 3.1

In the PTC product calendar (http://www.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm#RANGE!A474) will be prompted to Mathcad Prime 3.1 F000. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Pic_1.png

96 REPLIES 96

I expect you're right. I have to try, though. If I don't report Prime's shortcomings, then I can't complain when PTC doesn't fix them. I've started a couple of new discussions on the forum for logging problems, one on XY plots and the other on document interaction. It feels a bit futile, though.

I was talking just about normal software bugs.

So I had not Prime as a whole, being just one big design failure, in mind.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

Now, now Werner

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

Now, now Werner

Sorry if that sounded too harsh, but apart from the many missing features much of what makes the use of Prime so inconvenient, uncomfortable up to impossible, is not due to a bug but a deliberate implementation. So a simple series of bug reports to try to get PTC fix whats wrong with Prime doesn't seem appropriate.

On the other hand PTC keeps telling us that Prime is an improvement and so it seems that a lot of Primes drawbacks are not seen as such by PTC. In the blog you pointed us to in a recent post of yours, Andrew McGough from PTC wrote: "Our continuing efforts are focused on maintaining that ease of use..." . Given what we have seen so far, thats a threat!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

Now, now Werner

Sorry if that sounded too harsh, but apart from the many missing features much of what makes the use of Prime so inconvenient, uncomfortable up to impossible, is not due to a bug but a deliberate implementation. So a simple series of bug reports to try to get PTC fix whats wrong with Prime doesn't seem appropriate.

On the other hand PTC keeps telling us that Prime is an improvement and so it seems that a lot of Primes drawbacks are not seen as such by PTC. In the blog you pointed us to in a recent post of yours, Andrew McGough from PTC wrote: "Our continuing efforts are focused on maintaining that ease of use..." . Given what we have seen so far, thats a threat!

I do appreciate where you are coming from and feel the same. I consider myself a Mathcad enthusiast and have pushed my company to purchase many licenses over the years. However, since the release of Prime we have not renewed our maintenance as I have struggled to find a case for it.

However, I am in a situation where I do not have the time to start again with a new product and personally do not want to. I do believe Prime will get there and feel the lack of progress has been down to an underestimate from PTC regarding re-writing Mathcad and also believe the release of Windows 8 has slowed things down.

Maybe blind optimism.........

However, I am in a situation where I do not have the time to start again with a new product and personally do not want to. I do believe Prime will get there and feel the lack of progress has been down to an underestimate from PTC regarding re-writing Mathcad and also believe the release of Windows 8 has slowed things down.

Maybe blind optimism.........

Hope you are right - we will see. Hope dies last.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jiCavers)

Jim Cavers wrote:

I've started a couple of new discussions on the forum for logging problems, one on XY plots and the other on document interaction. It feels a bit futile, though.

Maybe they are Jim, but this seems to be the only place to get your point across to PTC. Having said that, I am not confident that they will listen.

Top Tags