cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mathcad Prime Enable / disable area

Jason_power
9-Granite

Mathcad Prime Enable / disable area

Hi experts.

I would like to know.

If I could use command method to enable the calculation area or disable it.

For example,

I have two condition, in one condition I want iLr = 5A, in the other condition, iLr = 4A.

I know I can use "if" command to do that. but sometimes I prefer to disable/enable area.

Jason_power_0-1693720981370.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can select the whole area and use the right click menu to dis- or enable all regions in an area.
This can also be done if the area is collapsed.

You can tell that the area is selected when its collapsed by the small text "Area" on top of the line next to the plus sign

Werner_E_1-1693735009683.png

But depending on you needs there may be other methods more suitable.

For example you could define different sets of input variables and then select one of the sets via a drop down menu.

Or you could turn all calculations into functions of the input variables and so even are able to display and compare the results of different input sets side by side.

Or ....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can select the whole area and use the right click menu to dis- or enable all regions in an area.
This can also be done if the area is collapsed.

You can tell that the area is selected when its collapsed by the small text "Area" on top of the line next to the plus sign

Werner_E_1-1693735009683.png

But depending on you needs there may be other methods more suitable.

For example you could define different sets of input variables and then select one of the sets via a drop down menu.

Or you could turn all calculations into functions of the input variables and so even are able to display and compare the results of different input sets side by side.

Or ....

Hi @Werner_E ,

There is no command I can disable it or enable it, right?

I can only right click the menu to disable/enable it.

@Jason_power wrote:

Hi @Werner_E ,

There is no command I can disable it or enable it, right?

I can only right click the menu to disable/enable it.

Command?

You may use either the right click menu or you you the menu item "Disable Region" from the menu - Ribbon "Calculation"-Section "Controls". It work not only for single regions but also for multiple regions or all regions in an area.

Got it, thanks.

Top Tags