cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad as an Industry Solution

AnnaGiangregori
6-Contributor

Mathcad as an Industry Solution

Hi All,

Check out today's Mathcad blog post, written by Juan Betts, Mathcad's Product Management Director at PTC. His post, titled "Industry Solutions" is all about how Mathcad can be used by engineers in many disciplines and across multiple industries as program to help them streamline their product development process, eliminate error, and reduce rework. Here is an excerpt:

"While companies are facing these challenges, engineers are spending an increasing amount of time managing the environment in which engineering analysis is done rather that engineering the product. For instance, engineers spend considerable amounts of their time in meetings explaining to other engineers, some who may be at the other end of the globe, what their analyses meant and their design intent. Moreover, when miscommunication does occur, errors are introduced into the designs leading to costly redesigns and product release delays. A recent study by Federal Highway Administration, suggested that the longer an error goes undetected through the product development lifecycle the cost of fixing this mistake increases exponentially.

To overcome these challenges companies need to think innovatively and streamline their product development processes to allow engineers to spend more time engineering and less time managing the context in which engineering analysis is done. The common language of engineering is mathematics, and Mathcad is a unique software tool because its design understands that engineering analysis does not occur in a vacuum."

Read the full post now.

Anna

4 REPLIES 4

Mathcad and Library Equations - Industry Solution

I would like to put here my inglish artikle but the transleishion iz veri plokho - Anne, can you a little edit this my/google translation.

The russian variant of this article is here - http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad-15/InternetFormulasOchkov.pdf

English one in attach

Hey Valery, I started looking at this this morning but got really busy- hopefully will be able to finish tomorrow

Thanks Anna.

I am looking for!

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Thanks Anna.

I am looking for!

Top Tags