cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Movement is everything the ultimate goal is nothing

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Movement is everything the ultimate goal is nothing

Who's to guess what's in a protected area? Prime 6 in attach. We have some tools in Mathcad 15 (trace)

Find-TB.png

12 REPLIES 12

ValeryOchkov_0-1680932957670.png

Pegasus.png

ValeryOchkov_0-1680935336651.png

Лошарик - лошадь и шарик. Есть такой мультфильм

Loshalic.png

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

Who's to guess what's in a protected area? Prime 6 in attach. We have some tools in Mathcad 15 (trace)

Yes, the trace command in MC15 was quite useful and is missed in Prime.

But your approach seems to be in no way a suitable replacement for it because you are cheating!

Your picture does not show what the built-in "find" command is doing but is rather showing the attempts of a different(!) algorithm which you implemented yourself - probably one of those you already posted a few times in the past.

The correct path chosen by Prime's algorithm can be seen in the following screen shot in turquoise (yours is shown in light green for comparison).

Werner_E_2-1680954022641.png

I omitted the few first values where Prime tries the result of the origin, some "extremes" and comes back to the initial values

Werner_E_4-1680955924055.png

And, most important: HAPPY EASTER to all!

My dog named Snif approaches the food bowl in such a way - he never goes straight, but takes a big detour. I have asked him many times why he does this. He is silent.

10-Snif.png

Hi Werner!
I opened my play cards - see attachment.
Open and you - tell us how Prime can do tracing.
Thank you for the congratulations, but in Russia everything is not like people - we have Easter in a week!

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

Hi Werner!
I opened my play cards - see attachment.

No, you didn't! 😉 You still attached the file with the password protected area.

tell us how Prime can do tracing.

Sure, its no secret and nothing special, just a method which I often used in real Mathcad, too. Simply add a dummy function in the constraints which writes the current values to a file and read in the file after the solve block finished.

I have not kept the file but I see that I kept the screenshots. The following should show all thats necessary:

Werner_E_0-1681049142260.png

Needless to say that doing so slows down the solve block, which fortunately is no issue in case of this sheet.

I think we don't need the "ddd <--" part and could delete it. APPENDPRN would be executed anyway.

The "initialisation" of the file with WRITEPRN was done to avoid appending to an already existing file. I don't know of a way to delete a file in Prime (in real Mathcad we could use a call to the command processor to execute OS commands).
So its necessary to let the whole sheet recalculate to get the file deleted, not just the solve block with different initial values.

Thank you for the congratulations, but in Russia everything is not like people - we have Easter in a week!

Yeah, I was pretty sure that the date of orthodox easter would differ from ours, but then, its never too early for congratulations 😉

Pardon - see the attach

ValeryOchkov_0-1681067657080.png

ValeryOchkov_1-1681068082389.png

You may use Newton's First Law of Motion to find out if the egg is raw or boiled - spin it!

To find out whether an egg is raw or boiled, you need to use not Newton's first law, but Columbus's second rule. Break the egg and see what's inside!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Nice method, Werner!

In Mathcad 11, you can follow the path of the root() function with a neat trick that does not require writing to a file:

LucMeekes_2-1681074003072.png

Don't know if it holds in Mathcad 15. It doesn't work like this in Prime,

but you can do:

LucMeekes_1-1681073850136.png

Luc

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:LucMeekes)

Unfortunately the file-less method does not work in MC15

"k" is not saved/remembered from one iteration step to the next (the same probably would apply to v, too).

Werner_E_0-1681082746052.png

Announcements

Top Tags