cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

My Mathcad 14 files became distort after I got the bigger monitor.

BorisRadovskiy
4-Participant

My Mathcad 14 files became distort after I got the bigger monitor.

My Mathcad 14 files became distort after I got the bigger monitor. Text regions shifted from math regions. Why that happen?

Thanks, BR

6 REPLIES 6

What screen resolution are you using?

1920X1080

At which zoom setting within Mathcad are you working?

Mathcad has a poor algorithm to decide how much space a string of text takes.

Success!
Luc

Zoom is 100%. When I change it, everyting changes proportionaly: text and math regions.

One thing I have to do on my computer with Mathcad 15 is right click on the Mathcad icon in the start menu and navigate to open file location. Then right click on the icon or file that it brings you to and go to properties. Then find the compatibility tab and go to 'Change high DPI settings'. Click on override high DPI settings and select the application option. I have a 1920x1080 screen with 150% scaling in windows. Using the aforementioned option helps Mathcad look more normal for me. Not sure if it will help you or not though. Worth a try. I do still have graphical issues though. However, this helps some.

I should mention that I had this problem when I switched from a 720 screen to a 1080 screen. I also had the problem with a few other apps. It seems like everything worked great with 720 but switching to 1080 has been a nightmare.

Once you're in the display settings, you can try adjusting the scaling and resolution options to see if that helps improve the appearance of your Mathcad files. You may also want to make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, you could try reaching out to Mathcad support for further assistance, or consider upgrading to a newer version of Mathcad that may be better suited for use with a larger monitor.

Top Tags