cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

NAN result for minerr

Abdelazeem
6-Contributor

NAN result for minerr

The result of the minerr is NAN

the attachment file contains the program and the results

please anyone can help me to find the error

ja_model.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Abdelazeem)

If you want to collect an expression into brackets you should NEVER type square brackets "[ ]", but ONLY round brackets "( )".

When you type square brackets, Prime creates an array or matrix..

I'm pretty sure your problem occurs due to this, unless of course there is no solution with the given set of equations.

So go in and change the square brackets to round ones. Depending on the nesting of brackets, Prime may show some of them as square brackets, but, as said, you should never type them.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Abdelazeem)

If you want to collect an expression into brackets you should NEVER type square brackets "[ ]", but ONLY round brackets "( )".

When you type square brackets, Prime creates an array or matrix..

I'm pretty sure your problem occurs due to this, unless of course there is no solution with the given set of equations.

So go in and change the square brackets to round ones. Depending on the nesting of brackets, Prime may show some of them as square brackets, but, as said, you should never type them.

Success!
Luc

Abdelazeem
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you indeed for your help , the problem has been solved , I have changed the bracket and the problem was solved 

Typing square brackets creates a vector/matrix.

So unless you want create a matrix you never should use square brackets, always use parenthesis to structure your expressions.

BTW, you have four equations and four variables to solve for and your system is solvable. You may also use "find" instead of "minerr".

Werner_E_0-1594675283966.png

EDIT: Ah, I see that Luc was faster 😉

@Abdelazeem  For future questions please ask them here in the forum by opening a new therad. No need to ask via PM.

Abdelazeem
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Yes , I just change the bracket and get the result , thanks a lot for your interesting and for LUC 

Top Tags