cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Need Help! General Solution to differential equation

engr_mkhalid
4-Participant

Need Help! General Solution to differential equation

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing great in your daily life. I need a little help in solving the differential equation as I m new to MathCAD prime. I m trying to get the solution stated in pdf in MathCAD prime but I m stuck at differentiating the equation. If anyone can help me out I will be really thankful. I m attaching pdf as well as MathCAD prime 8.00 file for reference.

PS: 

2.pdf shows the results i want to plot, 1 png is the case i want to solve and 2.png are the boundary conditions

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What I am trying to achieve is that I want to differentiate twist angle equation 3 times.

Can be done this way

Werner_E_0-1682592332773.png

But I guess that you also will have to find out how k and phi.0 in the general solution for phi(x) correspond with your input values E,I,It, G and m. Is m actually a constant or should it rather be a function m(x)?

If m really is a constant, we can get k and phi0 in Prime 9 by comparing its solution with the general one in your text

Werner_E_0-1682593998487.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure what you are trying to achieve.

AFAIK its not possible to solve ODEs symbolically in Prime 8

Here is what Prime 9 could come up with

Werner_E_0-1682590528182.png

Werner_E_2-1682590789070.png

Werner_E_1-1682590548222.png

Werner_E_3-1682590806018.png

engr_mkhalid
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks for the quick reply. What I am trying to achieve is that I want to differentiate twist angle equation 3 times. To form 3 different equation. After getting Mt and Mw equations I want to add them to form equation for total torsion I.E. Mx. 

after getting these equations, I want to use boundary conditions to plot the graphs as stated in 2.pdf.

What I am trying to achieve is that I want to differentiate twist angle equation 3 times.

Can be done this way

Werner_E_0-1682592332773.png

But I guess that you also will have to find out how k and phi.0 in the general solution for phi(x) correspond with your input values E,I,It, G and m. Is m actually a constant or should it rather be a function m(x)?

If m really is a constant, we can get k and phi0 in Prime 9 by comparing its solution with the general one in your text

Werner_E_0-1682593998487.png

engr_mkhalid
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks for the trick related to the use of apostrophe from operators menu. I m getting close to what I want. Now the thing is I have to form a total torsion equation as highlighted to the right in snap. But this is not what I m getting while adding the Mt and Mw equation.

Top Tags