cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

New verision of mathcad worksheets wont open

JA_10888919
1-Newbie

New verision of mathcad worksheets wont open

Hello

My friend send me files that are made by new version of mathcad and I still have mathcad 7 prime trial version, how could I open these files or should I try to get them as pdf then?

Best regards 

Jarmo

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JA_10888919)

You cannot open newer version MathCAD Prime files in an older version of the software.

There is no functionality for them to save into an older version, either.

Your best solution is to upgrade to MathCAD Prime 10 yourself or second best is for them to send the PDF of the worksheet and you recreate the work in MathCAD Prime 7.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JA_10888919)

You can install the free Express version of Prime 10 on your PC. Which will allow you to open any prime file. With a simultaneously running prime 7 you can then copy over expressions from the sheet in prime 10 to a new sheet in prime 7. As such you can recreate the file in prime 7.

Be sure to not install the (mathcad) converter option in your prime 10 Express installation if you need that conversion for legacy files to prime 7.

Success!

Luc

Hi @JA_10888919,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Tags