cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

No picture component

ptc-1178444
1-Newbie

No picture component

I just realized that the picture component (CTRL+T in M14 and earlier) is missing. That makes the availability of the image processing toolbox particularly frustrating! Here is a typical data flow:

1. Load or create a matrix of data (oh wait! no data import Wizard for you)
2. Perform image processing
3. Save to a bitmap file (that's right!)
4. Load the bitmap file for display using the static image component

Now let's change a parameter in step 2 and recalculate. That yields an error because apparently Prime locks the bitmap file once it's loaded. In other words, the only way to see the outcome of the processing is to save to a different bitmap file and manually load it again for display. This is really convenient!

Oh well...

Xavier
4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-1178444)

If you crash a car into a concrete wall at 100mph, I think the fact that the glove box may no longer open properly is something of a moot point.

Richard

On 9/23/2009 3:47:13 PM, rijackson wrote:
>If you crash a car into a
>concrete wall at 100mph, I
>think the fact that the glove
>box may no longer open
>properly is something of a
>moot point.

Unless of course you need to show the officer your drivers license and registration!

Derbigdog
Solving problems one byte at a time.

On 9/23/2009 3:47:13 PM, rijackson wrote:
>If you crash a car into a
>concrete wall at 100mph, I
>think the fact that the glove
>box may no longer open
>properly is something of a
>moot point.
>
>Richard

Thanks for the reality check... I guess I got confused for a while and was actually trying to see if I could get something useful done in Prime using a function pack.

Xavier

PS: So does anyone understand why "we" were enrolled for beta testing? It seems to me we're mostly the wrong audience for Prime 1.0. Who knows, maybe there was a parallel beta program with high school students or CAD users or accountants... (comment not meant to be derogatory towards any of these groups by the way 🙂

On 9/24/2009 3:37:22 PM, lsxcolonna wrote:
>PS: So does anyone understand why "we"
>were enrolled for beta testing? It seems
>to me we're mostly the wrong audience
>for Prime 1.0. Who knows, maybe there
>was a parallel beta program with high
>school students or CAD users or
>accountants... (comment not meant to be
>derogatory towards any of these groups
>by the way 🙂

Der-ogatory is my half brother he was in that group which was in the parallel universe beta test. :^}
With some seriousness, many of the people in this group know Mathcad very very well. Some have been using the product going back to its DOS days. If there were things to find wrong they would find them.

But you point is well taken, I would not buy Prime with such limited abilities and the dreaded ribbon menus (I have to use office 2007 and hate it.)

Derbigdog
Solving problems one byte at a time.
Top Tags