cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Node List Tolerance Analysis: Enhancing SPICE Capabilities with Mathcad

mzeftel
1-Newbie

by Robert Boyd

• Hardcover: 352 pages
  • Publisher: CRC Press (March 6, 2006)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0849370280
  • ISBN-13: 978-0849370281

Developed at UC Berkeley more than two decades ago, SPICE software is the tool of choice for performing nominal analysis for electronic circuits. However, attempts to use SPICE for worst-case analysis (WCA) reveal several shortcomings, including: a 400-sample limit for Monte Carlo Analysis (MCA); lack of Rot-Sum-Square (RSS) analysis, asymmetric component tolerances, Fast MCA, or AC sensitivity capability; no single-run method of tolerancing inputs; and no predefined beta (skewed) or bimodal (gapped) distributions for MCA. While several commercial versions of SPICE may have corrected some of these limitations, they still remain rather expensive.

Based on extensive experience in WCA, Node List Tolerance Analysis: Enhancing SPICE Capabilities with Mathcad presents software methods that overcome the many limitations of SPICE WCA using less expensive tools. The author demonstrates correct and incorrect methods of extreme value analysis, demonstrates the necessity of tolerancing multiple inputs, and provides output histograms for unusual inputs. He also shows how to detect non-monotonic components, which cause severe errors in all WCA methods except MCA. The book also includes demonstrations of tolerance analysis of three-phase AC circuits.

10 REPLIES 10

Just bought the book, awesome and original ideas!

Hello everybody,

I bought this ebook, but I don't have the mathcad file included on the original CD-ROM like comm42.mcd.

Someone has the files tu execute the subprogram?

Some analysis seems really interesting.

Thank you !

Quote from a review of this book: 

Pic-1.png

Thank you for your reply.

It's a shame that the editor don't have the file.

Thanks

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Babard38)

Following is a list of libraries that have the hardcopy of the book:

LucMeekes_0-1620302042093.png

Luc

Hi Luc !

Hooo really, if I understand, you have all the file included on the CD of the Ebook?

If yes, is it possible to upload it ? I can share a folder on Google Drive.

Thank you, Emilien

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Babard38)

Hi Emilien,

You (and I) wish.

Unfortunately I am not near any of those libraries. (A library is: a building, room, or organization that has a collection of books, documents, music, and sometimes things such as tools or artwork, for people to borrow, usually without payment.)

Thus: I don't have the book, and I don't have the CD, or its contents.

But if you are/live near any of those libraries, or have friends that do....

Success!
Luc

Hi Luc,

Understood, first time when you spoke about library,I thought you were talking about the CD folder... I'm stupid.

unfortunatly, I don't live close to those libraries.

THanks for your reply.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

You can use this link to find libraries that (should) have the print book (and with that, the CD).

https://www.worldcat.org/title/node-list-tolerance-analysis-enhancing-spice-capabilities-with-mathcad/oclc/637510932&referer=brief_results

Success!
Luc

Amazon has a link to a paper copy with a CD:

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1620654119520.png

Top Tags