cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Noob question: How do I rearrange a large equation?

ptc-5082041
1-Newbie

Noob question: How do I rearrange a large equation?

As a basic example

{v = u + at

Rearrange for a.}

I literally cant find the answer anywhere on google, youtube, or these forums. Please bear with me if its a simple question, I only got my teeth into the program yesterday. Its the one function I need to speed things up. I don't want to have to do it on paper every couple of minutes.

Many Thanks,
Ben

7 REPLIES 7

I only got my teeth into the program yesterday.

So I guess you should spend some time on the help pages, in your case especially those dealing with symbolic operations. Look up the command "solve".

Ok so I use the solve -> function but what keyword do I use?? I tried rewrite but can't get it to work!

The keyword is solve, followed by a comma and then the variable name you want to solve for.

Still not getting it. Here is my upload file. I am going to do a tutorial on it tonight. Please help me for the love of god its so frustrating!!

If you had studied the help files you would have read that you need to use the boolean equal sign!

Think the attached file should help.

Horray it worked!! Right so there are different types of equal signs and I needed to use boolean.

God bless you sir!

YAAAAAAAAAY

Fine. In your case, though, I guess its better to abandon the symbolics and use either root() or more general a solve block to do the task as shown in the sheet..

Top Tags