cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Optimization Problem

musa1988
6-Contributor

Optimization Problem

Hello Community, 

i am new here and also new in Mathcad. 

I have the following task to solve and i dont know how to do it. I guess its just possible with programming well maybe someone can help me. 

In the attached sheet i have some equations and i want to solve one particular thing. If i set number for kf, than i receive a curve (kbges(tw)). After that i am looking for the minimum of this curve and thats it. But what i wanna do now is, to set kf as a variable that my minimum for kbges equals to 255 (kbges=255). 

So what i want mathcad to do is: set for example kf=26 , calculate kbges and if the minimum of kbges doesnt equal 255 it shall set kf=27 and so on. I dont know how to programm it but i think it should be possible ? 

I tried everything. I set kf as a range variable form 25,25.001...40 but it doesnt work. I set kf as a  vektor well...the same. I tried to do it with slope ...read all help sheets but couldnt do it.... Than i just tried by setting manually till i reached 39.275 (like an hour i typed till i got it). If kf is 39.275 than the minimum of kbges(tw) = 255.002 or sth. But i want to solve it diferrently that mathcad calculates it for me. Just sth like a loop where it sets kf till 40 and breaks by kf when minimum of kbges(tw)=255. But i am lost in that point -.-

Thanks in advance 

greeting mk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The value you are looking for is approx. 39,27382 €

See if the attached file helps. I used a couple of solve blocks to do the job and claculation is rather slow. Guess it could speeded a up a bit - not sure.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The value you are looking for is approx. 39,27382 €

See if the attached file helps. I used a couple of solve blocks to do the job and claculation is rather slow. Guess it could speeded a up a bit - not sure.

musa1988
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

@Werner_E

thank you very much i understand now where my mistake was. You helped me a lot 🙂

vlehner
13-Aquamarine
(To:musa1988)

Hi!

There is a symbolical solution i found.

See attachement please.

Volker
Top Tags