cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

PTC MathCAD 6.0 installer not working

notyourbusines
4-Participant

PTC MathCAD 6.0 installer not working

I downloaded the installer "pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe". If i double click it, it opens, extracts something and closes again. Is there something else I have to install first? Which Runtimes does Mathcad need? Does anyone know where the extracted files could be?

The .exe was run as administrator on Windows 10 Pro with the latest update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone! 

I was able to install Mathcad Prime 6.0 by downloading the full installer and running "PrimeWixInstaller_64bit", which is located in the folder ptcsh0. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

One thing about Winows that Prime 6 (and 5) definitely needs is: 64 bit. These editions will not run, nor install on 32-bit windows. Having said that:

See if this gives you a way out:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Mathcad-Prime-5-0-installation-problem-during-Application/td-p/570003

(Yes, it's about Prime 5, not 6. But there sure isn't a world of difference between the two editions).

Success!
Luc

It is a fresh installation of Windows, so no earlier versions of Mathcad installed and it's a 64 bit system. And strangely it worked on my previous version of windows. Compatibility mode (with Windows 8 also doesn't do anything.

But I think back than I had an different installer.

Hi,

I guess pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe is relatively small file, which downloads installation media from PTC web and then installs Mathcad.

My suggestion ... download Mathcad full installation package, unzip it and launch setup.exe.

If you are active PTC commercial customer, then you can create PTC account and access installation media on https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MCD page.

Note: MED-60893-CD-260_6-0-0-0.zip size is 844 MB.

Martin Hanák

Unfortunately, I‘m a student and I can‘t access that file. Do you know any other way to get it?

@notyourbusines wrote:
Unfortunately, I‘m a student and I can‘t access that file. Do you know another way to get it?

Hi,

use https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp page.

Martin Hanák

Thank you very much, I downloaded the "full" version, exctracted and tried to install it. Now it doesn't even open at all. I don't know what to do at that point.

Might want to try a different math editor such as Maplesoft. PTC products seem not useful for anything but enterprise organizations with IT and software engineers on staff. I have used Creo for 3 years and have had nothing but bad experience with the licensing process. Other software seems more oriented to individual users. That is my experience. That being said, I love creo. Sadly I cannot recommend it to my industry partners. 

Thanks everyone! 

I was able to install Mathcad Prime 6.0 by downloading the full installer and running "PrimeWixInstaller_64bit", which is located in the folder ptcsh0. 

@notyourbusines wrote:

Thanks everyone! 

I was able to install Mathcad Prime 6.0 by downloading the full installer and running "PrimeWixInstaller_64bit"!

Congratulation !!!

Martin Hanák
Top Tags