cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Physics of Covid-19 Transmission

regcurry
14-Alexandrite

Physics of Covid-19 Transmission

Well, I am back.  I realize that the interest in COVID-19 Mathcad models may have waned; however, I have been tracking the data to estimate when the pandemic might essentially end.  I have also included the MIT model for the risk of indoor transmission.  This work is summarized in my report located here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cplt4p8224sdnvd/PHYSICS%20OF%20COVID-19%20TRANSMISSION%20WORKING.pdf?dl=0

I did this research of the actual data because of so much misinformation in the news as well as government sources.  All of the data comes from the CDC.  I update and distribute this report weekly to various friends and family.  Since this work was originally inspired by this community, if there is sufficient interest, I will be happy to provide the two MATHCAD files and associated data files. 

Reg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks for all the interest.

Here are the xmcd files and the associate data files.  For some reason, drag and drop did not work on my W10 computer.  The xmcd files have collapsed areas but they are not locked, so you can expand them.  The IFR work is done in the xlsx file.

I will expand the collapsed areas and provide the pdf files momentarily.  If you find errors, please advise.

Thanks again,

Reg

PS:  From my bio you see that I spent a major portion of my career in EMP.  I have a similar report and Mathcad files for that if there is any interest.  I do all this to hopefully delay dementia. 😮

Reg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Impressive work!

Far more comprehensive than my poor beginnings!

Please attach your work here (PDF file and Mathcad worksheets).

@VladimirN wrote:

Please attach your work here (PDF file and Mathcad worksheets).

@VladimirN  As the files seem to change on a weekly basis, I suppose its much easier for RegCurry to put it just to one place only and link to it rather than having to change the files at multiples places.

@regcurry  Thanks for sharing your work! I guess there sure is interest for the Mathcad  and the data files additionally to the pdf print.

regcurry
14-Alexandrite

Thanks for all the interest.

Here are the xmcd files and the associate data files.  For some reason, drag and drop did not work on my W10 computer.  The xmcd files have collapsed areas but they are not locked, so you can expand them.  The IFR work is done in the xlsx file.

I will expand the collapsed areas and provide the pdf files momentarily.  If you find errors, please advise.

Thanks again,

Reg

PS:  From my bio you see that I spent a major portion of my career in EMP.  I have a similar report and Mathcad files for that if there is any interest.  I do all this to hopefully delay dementia. 😮

Reg

Thank you!

regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:regcurry)

Here are the pdf files.  Let me know if I missed expanding any collapsed areas.

Reg

This time drag and drop worked.

Reg
regcurry
14-Alexandrite

Here is the update to the report along with all the files.  The conclusions are essentially unchanged.  The report contains changes to specific numbers and some minor cosmetic changes. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/28vm2ozjbug3wki/AAB1eyLkPYBOc3wlkM_vny7Ja?dl=0

Reg
regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:regcurry)

Oops.  I inadvertently deleted the DropBox link.  Here is the new link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f24ntsblorfpqji/PHYSICS%20OF%20COVID-19%20TRANSMISSION%20WORKING.pdf?dl=0

Reg

Reg
Top Tags