cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Plot impact factor vs. [h/ delta static]

SFares
12-Amethyst

Plot impact factor vs. [h/ delta static]

Hello,

In the attached sheet, I want to plot Impact factor vs [h/delta static] but unable to. I am sure there is an easier and better way than i did so far. i saved the file as Mathcad 11.

SFares_0-1634405534955.png

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:SFares)

Your "red" plot won't work because h/delta_static is a range variable, and you need to have something on the y-axis that also uses it before Mathcad will plot it.

I know this answer is in Mathcad Prime Express 7, but I *think* the methods should work in M11..M15.

2021 10 16 A.png

Not sure whether (having defined impactfactor as above) the following will work in M11..M15.

2021 10 16 B.png

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You define h/delta as a vector in the forst line, but redefine it as a range in the second. Then you try to plot the vector "Impact" over that range, which does not work. You can plot a vector over another vector or use a range in combination with a function.
See the examples:

Werner_E_0-1634409805301.png

Mathcad 11 worksheet attached

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you So much for your detailed answer Werner! I always struggle with vector and range definitions and I get them mixed up.

Sam

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Your "red" plot won't work because h/delta_static is a range variable, and you need to have something on the y-axis that also uses it before Mathcad will plot it.

I know this answer is in Mathcad Prime Express 7, but I *think* the methods should work in M11..M15.

2021 10 16 A.png

Not sure whether (having defined impactfactor as above) the following will work in M11..M15.

2021 10 16 B.png

Stuart

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:StuartBruff)

Thank you so much Stuart!

Sam

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

No worries.  Glad it helped. 🙂

Stuart