cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Plotting Failed For Complicated Equations With Varibale Ranges

Homeboi_Jesus
4-Participant

Plotting Failed For Complicated Equations With Varibale Ranges

Hello Everybody,

I have a fairly complicated equation set to compute speed up factors vs divergence of fluid dynamics. I got it working in excel but the graph there won't let me adjust the X axis scale, so it is pretty useless to use to read off values for test designs. I brewed up a Mathcad document to solve this problem and yield me a nice accurate graph of the data that I can adjust the ranges of; except I keep getting a plotting failed error when trying to get it to plot.

Attached is the document; I know I am a bit rusty with Mathcad, but I don't see why this is failing to plot. It has the range of data points to calculate all the values.. Any help to quickly resolve this is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Homeboi_Jesus)

Two problems:

1. You cannot use a non-integer number as an index. Better to make x and Ap a function of p.

2. You've defined Ae, but you're using Ae in the plot.

LucMeekes_0-1605425853135.png

Prime4 file attached.

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Homeboi_Jesus)

Two problems:

1. You cannot use a non-integer number as an index. Better to make x and Ap a function of p.

2. You've defined Ae, but you're using Ae in the plot.

LucMeekes_0-1605425853135.png

Prime4 file attached.

Success!

Luc

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help! I can't believe I missed something as simple as 2), must be getting tired after 5 hours of data crunching lol. As for 1), did not know that, I set it up this way after finding an edu article on how to do calculations on variable ranges; the way you fixed it to makes much more sense though. Again, thanks a ton for the help!

Top Tags