cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Plotting Failed For Complicated Equations With Varibale Ranges

Homeboi_Jesus
4-Participant

Plotting Failed For Complicated Equations With Varibale Ranges

Hello Everybody,

I have a fairly complicated equation set to compute speed up factors vs divergence of fluid dynamics. I got it working in excel but the graph there won't let me adjust the X axis scale, so it is pretty useless to use to read off values for test designs. I brewed up a Mathcad document to solve this problem and yield me a nice accurate graph of the data that I can adjust the ranges of; except I keep getting a plotting failed error when trying to get it to plot.

Attached is the document; I know I am a bit rusty with Mathcad, but I don't see why this is failing to plot. It has the range of data points to calculate all the values.. Any help to quickly resolve this is greatly appreciated!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Homeboi_Jesus)

Two problems:

1. You cannot use a non-integer number as an index. Better to make x and Ap a function of p.

2. You've defined Ae, but you're using Ae in the plot.

LucMeekes_0-1605425853135.png

Prime4 file attached.

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Homeboi_Jesus)

Two problems:

1. You cannot use a non-integer number as an index. Better to make x and Ap a function of p.

2. You've defined Ae, but you're using Ae in the plot.

LucMeekes_0-1605425853135.png

Prime4 file attached.

Success!

Luc

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help! I can't believe I missed something as simple as 2), must be getting tired after 5 hours of data crunching lol. As for 1), did not know that, I set it up this way after finding an edu article on how to do calculations on variable ranges; the way you fixed it to makes much more sense though. Again, thanks a ton for the help!

Announcements

Top Tags