cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Practical? (Symbolic System of equations to be turned into a Matrix then inverted to gain solution)

CapTon_Tap
3-Visitor

Practical? (Symbolic System of equations to be turned into a Matrix then inverted to gain solution)

SchaumsElectronic_004_007_002.jpg

I am looking to make some symbolic equations then place them inside a matrix and solve current node mesh for the answer to circuit equation. I am looking for advice on how to do this or the advice that such an endeavor is impractical. My next goal is to find a PTC defined function to extract the coeffecient for the equations for Voltage and the unknown currents (I.1 I.2 I.3 I.4 I.5). So right as now i am looking to sort the result and THEN Store the results.

12 REPLIES 12

Is the attached the sort of thing you are looking for?

Alan

I am looking to organize the  equation (E.1, E.2, E.3, E.4, E.5).. I have five unknowns (I.1, I.2, I.3, I.4, I.5)  and the five equations already mentioned (E.1, E.2, E.3, E.4, E.5).  I want to organize the equation  in terms of  some number = an equation defined but the unknowns. I.E. (19=28*I.1+70*I.2+99*I.3-7453*I.4-972364*I.5) I then want to extract the coefficients. The place the coefficient into a matrix one equations at time till i have square matrix i can solve for. (I.E. invert roe escholon etc. etc low lever linear algebra.. if the matrix is not invertible i can throw and error?) I understand what your doing buy looking at the equations and just copying the equations into a matrix then solving for it. I am petty. i might want to do a simulation of passive components then run a script and some mathcad commands to check my other math cad work. I was working for a trainer and maybe went over board looking to use symbolics.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:CapTon_Tap)

Hmmm, how about:

LucMeekes_1-1590573463364.png

LucMeekes_2-1590573495446.png

LucMeekes_3-1590573528038.png

LucMeekes_4-1590573547164.png

Check:

LucMeekes_0-1590573799970.png

Success!
Luc

What i want to do is to take a set of equations and assemble a matrix. I am looking take a system of equations and turn them formally into a matrix. kindle.. I know i am naive. sorry so the function is maybe (coeffs, why_because_like_you)... Where coeffs is mathcad defined symbolic function to pull out the coeffs out of symbolic equation and the variable why_because_like_you is an vector of various variable names each with degree 1 (so no ^0). I am going to try that then insert the coefficients vectors one at a time into a matrix till i hopefully get a square matrix. Thank you for being patient. i will see if i can describe or come up with the answer i was.. looking for..

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I shall like to see that work, but knowing Mathcad, I have my doubts.

In the mean time, here is a more compact setup:

LucMeekes_3-1590588544265.png

LucMeekes_4-1590588561445.png

LucMeekes_5-1590588576153.png

Attached a mathcad 11 file. Autocalculation is OFF, press F9 for results.

Success!

Luc

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.pngimage.png

image.pngimage.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:ttokoro)

dc2.png

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Delete

Some remarks:

The keyword "Given" to start a solve block must be written in a math region, not a text region

A solve block can also be evaluated symbolically.

See if the attached file helps

I can see your getting a solution. I can see you putting an initial value into the variable of the imaginary number square root of negative one i believe. I have to explain to the tutor/ friend why i am doing this in mathcad and how it gets me the answer i need. So i go back to what i know linear algebra and i try to make mathcad conform to formula i know. Your time is money.. Do you have any books to suggest that might explain this as i am probably more easily confused and have to be thorough in my explanation to my tutor?  (Worse i could (Henry David) Thoreau in my work which might be too wordy and too nerdy.)

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi,

If you want to be really good, then you have to study this, there is everything:

Leon O. Chua,

Charles A. Desoer,

Ernst S. Kuh,

Linear and nonlinear circuits

Mc Graw Hill

Electrical Engineering Series

Sorry I was looking to use the book essential ptc mathcad Prime 3.0 I was given the direction of use math cad no just for one interation of a circuit for a more general solution using symbolic and to go through such things as laplace transform. I believe the frequency domain. I hope this would be ok. Also my funds are limited but i would like to pay for a trainging version of software. I have about 100 dollar but i am not in a college do you have any suggestions?
Top Tags